May 1, 2023: Keep Your Medi-Cal
If you had Medi-Cal during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, Medi-Cal renewals are no longer automatic.
- Look for renewal papers in the mail from your county.
- If you’ve moved, make sure the county has your current contact information.
Want to renew your Medi-Cal?
- Complete your renewal forms when you receive them,
- Contact your county social services agency, or
- Renew online at: dhcs.ca.gov
Getting Medi-Cal does not affect immigration status.*
- Use the Guide: keepyourbenefits.org/en/ca/use-the-guide
California residents, ages 0-25 years & 50+ years, may qualify for full-scope Medi-Cal regardless of immigration status. Starting 2024, California residents of any age may qualify for full-scope Medi-Cal.
*(unless used for long-term, institutional care)